Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Gay Marriage

  1. #1
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Gay Marriage

    this board is vuuuury slow...let's see if we can spice it up
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    I just hate hearing the words "sanctity or holiness of marriage" yeah right...in a country where the divorse rate is over 50% and people have affairs everyday, seems like people take take marriage so lightly these days.

    I'm kinda torn on this issue honestly, I'm not completely opposed nor for it... I do know I don't think their should be an amendment to ban it though b/c I don't think u should be able to regulate moral issues such as this one.

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Gay Marriage

    Your just trying to scur people away from the real issues. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    Oh dont get me started. There are few things i will argue against til the day i die and Gay Marriage is one of them.
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    thats cool...thats your opinion, i just wanna know why you can use your opinion to decide for others

    i mean obviously im not wanting to run out and be gay nor will i...but i cant decide that for other people, its just not my place

    hahaha NOLA...nah just tryin to get some discussion on here
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    How many countries allow it? I know England has some provisions, but I don't know of many others that do.

    I am against it because I do not find it to be natural (homosexuality that it). I do agree with smarty that far too few uphold the sanctity of marriage in the heterosexual community.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    I believe Canada does as well.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    id be ok with it simply being up to the state, marriage laws are a state matter anyway, why not this??
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    I don't like the idea of this being an individual state deal just because what if that couple moves to a state that doesn't recognize it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #10
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    same thing as when some other marriage license is legal in one state but not in another...if im not mistaken dont most states have laws that you cant get married til a certain age, but the age arent always the same...what if said couple moves to another state, same deal
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •